Friday, July 1, 2011

The Indian School Animal Hospital Gang.

A year or so ago (I have lost weight, so it freaks me out!!) I was asked to be in a Journalism project for Kati Shearer, a student at the Cronkite School of Journalism at ASU.

The picture that begins the clip is a memorial for my vet, Dr. Lori Delac. Her Indian School Animal Hospital is where I took him to get looked into.

The hyperesthesia or Heebie-Jeebies was a real eye opener. He had only lost about 4 or 5 pounds at the time and was not all that sick from the thyroid issues. BUT we had to try to figure out the underlying cause. Dr. Delac was wonderful.

The painting of her good old Great Dane was done as my hardest type of a commission:
I call them PRE-memorials. They do bring me to tears. The animal had just been diagnosed with bone cancer. It was a matter of time and Lori was so attached, she asked me to come in a few years earlier to do a portrait. She was able to extend the Dane's life with amputation, so it was not quite the painful experience I talk about in the clip.

The other portrait is the gang at the office! Dr. Delac is not just my vet, she is my patron and they are all my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment