Monday, August 29, 2011

TODAY IS THE DAY!!

Here is the cage sitting in the vet's office waiting for them to come and take him away.
He had his little anxiety attack... and his mom is starting to be a mess.

You see, the vet said he has a slightly large heart.
That did freak me.
Feather had congestive heart failure. For a year or more, she just sort of sat in on a chair and watched life go by. The Dude is not in that condition. But . . .
He did his panting thing. Even the Radiology vet looked and wondered why. I explained he was having an anxiety attack. I KNOW he is.
They decided to change his meds from a simple knock out, bring back to feline Valium! PERFECT!


The whole procedure is less than 15 minutes. They do a bit of sedation to allow the injection and for a couple of baths that keep the radiation at the office and not in my living room.




Melanie, the girl who has helped me all the way along, said she will call me later this afternoon when he is done with the procedure and observed to be back to normal. He has a buddy who is coming in at 11 and both of them will get the procedure around 1. Then they sit in their very clean bank of cages with micro filtration banks of air sweepers for three days until they stop glowing.

From here on in, I hold my breath, go see what is wrong with my car (!?!?!?!?!) and hope that the sign over the desk is true:

No comments:

Post a Comment